Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hi, my name is Carrie and I'm a Tacoholic.

They say that admitting that you have a problem is the first step in the process of recovery. Well, I have a problem. I'm a night owl. In fact, I'm about as opposite a morning person as can be. My body doesn't even want food for a few hours after my eyeballs are pried open by my kids. I don't want to do anything but sit and be for a while, I'm still waking up, and the last thing I want to do is face a hot kitchen (did I mention that I live in south Texas?), and though a gas stove is the only way to go, it's no good cooking in 100 degree heat without central air.

Anyway, my main dilemma is that my son gets hungry way, way before I do. I've come to rely on the breakfast taco. It's a tasty, inexpensive way to start my morning. Besides, when you can feed the whole family for $8.00 and not have to worry about cleanup, why wouldn't you? Besides, I live in the thick of Tacoland. There are at least 8 places I can think of within half a mile of my house that have hot, fresh fare early in the morning. Half of them have homemade tortillas. In fact, there is a place a block away. I learned that a quick search of Tacos in the Mexican Restaurants section of the yellowpages online results in a little over 29,000 places to get a taco in the Alamo City. Impressive, si?

This blog is my opus to the taco.. I'm just a picky vegetarian looking for the perfect taco. I'll try them all and chronicle my adventures here.Thank you for letting me share my love of this awesomely diverse food!

1 comment:

carrie said...

LOL! I LOVE the new blog! Hmmm...damn, now I'm hungry!